Friday, October 28, 2016

Review: Women in Science: 50 Fearless Pioneers Who Changed the World by Rachel Ignotofsky

Women in Science: 50 Fearless Pioneers Who Changed the WorldWomen in Science: 50 Fearless Pioneers Who Changed the World by Rachel Ignotofsky
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is such a fantastic book! Unique, interesting and perfectly put together! The book itself is literally a work of art. The illustrations are fantastic! This book features 50 amazing women from the world of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. It covers everything from ancient items to the present! I learned so much about trailblazing women - many of whom I had never heard of! I learned so much with this book! Each scientist gets a spread in the book - one full of detailed writing about their lives and work and one illustration (and some words). It's just packed full of information and wonderful illustrations! There are also really cool timelines, a glossary and a list of other women in science. I love that it really focuses on the fact that the next great scientist could be any of us! This is one that I loved and plan to share with my 11 year old. I think it's important for her to see how many cool things women have done ... and I suspect she'll find it to be lots of fun! I can't wait for Rachel Ignotofsky to write more great books like this! I'll be first in line to pick them up! I highly recommend this to any and all readers!

NOTE: I received this novel from the publisher for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment