Monday, July 27, 2015

The Healthy Mind Cookbook: Big-Flavor Recipes to Enhance Brain Function, Mood, Memory, and Mental Clarity by Rebecca Katz

The Healthy Mind Cookbook: Big-Flavor Recipes to Enhance Brain Function, Mood, Memory, and Mental ClarityThe Healthy Mind Cookbook: Big-Flavor Recipes to Enhance Brain Function, Mood, Memory, and Mental Clarity by Rebecca Katz
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

As my family is working to begin transitioning our overall diet to a more healthy and mindful one, I thought this cookbook sounded right up my alley. And, for the most part, it is. I really liked how it focused on the combination of food and brain function. How to eat to improve your mood, memory and stress. Which I really enjoyed reading about quite a bit. That is what this cookbook does best!

My primary issues with the cookbook are that I'm not sure how realistic the recipes are for my family - especially my kids. I definitely think there are things that they will like but, overall, it didn't feel family friendly to me. Also, I really wish there was a photo of every dish included as a recipe. That would have taken this one to a 4 star easily.

The photography and book design are impeccable. So clean and engaging!

If you're into eating healthy and paying attention to how the food you eat impacts your mental health, I think this one will be right up your alley!

NOTE: The publisher provided a copy of this cookbook to me for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment