Friday, July 24, 2015

Review: Eight Hundred Grapes by Laura Dave

Eight Hundred GrapesEight Hundred Grapes by Laura Dave
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I primarily picked this one up for the cover ... I mean come on ... it's so eye-catching! And I loved the idea of it taking place mostly at a winery. I didn't know much more about it. And I'm so glad I did indeed pick it up because it's a really nice little story about family, secrets and how things are often imperfectly perfect!

It's a mix of a family drama with some romance thrown in for good measure. The characters are well drawn, the sense of place is wonderful and the story itself is solid. The pacing was a strong point - it didn't move too fast or too slow - it was pretty much perfection!

I really enjoyed spending time with this family and getting to know them as individuals and as a group. And I loved learning a little about wine along the way which was fun. This is a lighter book - more chick-lit than literary - but I really thought it was quite well done for the genre! I definitely recommend this one if you enjoy a solid family drama ... or wine! (LOL)

No comments:

Post a Comment