Sunday, June 21, 2015

Lighter Reads - Mini Reviews

I've read a number of lighter fare novels (pretty much all romances) lately so I thought I'd give a quick update and some mini-reviews on some of those reads ... quite a few of these were read on our Caribbean cruise in May! Enjoy!


Beach TownBeach Town by Mary Kay Andrews
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Nice little novel by Mary Kay Andrews - I like this one better than the last couple of her books.






All Lined Up (Rusk University, #1)All Lined Up by Cora Carmack
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

First in a romance new series that I found and I liked it quite a bit.






All I Want Is You (Coral Cove, #1)All I Want Is You by Toni Blake
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Another new series to me. Not a perfect book but I did enjoy it. I think I'll read one more in the series before I decide whether or not to keep on with this one.






Playing Dirty (Stargazer, #2)Playing Dirty by Jennifer Echols
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This one had quite a few flaws but I did enjoy the reading experience. I liked the first one in this series (I think it's a series?) so I'd be willing to keep reading these.






Moonlight on Nightingale Way (On Dublin Street #6)Moonlight on Nightingale Way by Samantha Young
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

More of a 3 to 3.5 star read but I rounded up because I love this series and it's so sad that this is the final book. This isn't the best in the entire series but it's a solid ending. Going to miss reading about these folks! If you haven't read this romance series, I highly recommend it.




All Broke Down (Rusk University, #2)All Broke Down by Cora Carmack
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is the second in the Rusk University (my rating of the first one is above). I actually quite liked this one. I'll keep on with the series.





Suddenly One SummerSuddenly One Summer by Julie James
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Although this one was less light than most of the romances on this list, it was quite good. It felt like it had more substance than most romances but I'm not sure that I can pinpoint why I feel that way. All in all, it was a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment