Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Review: The Children's Crusade by Ann Packer

The Children's CrusadeThe Children's Crusade by Ann Packer
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

It took me a little while to get into this one but once I did, it really delivered. It is a slower paced novel that explores many details and experiences of a family. If you're looking for a fast paced novel, this isn't the right novel for you. By the end, I knew these characters inside and out. The detailed aspects of the novel gave the story a richness that it wouldn't have had without the slow build up.

A family story that explores who we are and how our families can and cannot change us. It's beautifully written and well worth the time it takes to finish. I definitely recommend it if you have the patience to stick with it when it slows down, enjoying its details and savoring the story as it comes together.

No comments:

Post a Comment