Friday, July 12, 2013

Review: Sworn to Silence by Linda Castillo

Sworn to Silence (Kate Burkholder, #1)Sworn to Silence by Linda Castillo
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed this first book in the Kate Burkholder series and will plan to continue on with the series. The juxtaposition of the Amish and the 'outside world' is a unique way to look at things and I think this angle adds something new to the books that are typical of this genre! I really liked the characters and the storyline, overall. There were some things that struck me as odd but nothing that I couldn't overlook. I really liked the Kate Burkholder character. I found her to be really charismatic and multifaceted.

I figured out who had done it pretty early on but I don't think that ultimately took away from the novel as a whole. The story and the character development were done well enough that who did it was less important than where the story arc itself was going! Really strong start to the series!

I definitely recommend this book. Very good first in a series. I look forward to reading more of this one in the future!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment