Monday, July 8, 2013

Review: the Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat by Edward Kelsey Moore

The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-EatThe Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat by Edward Kelsey Moore
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was a fun little novel that I really liked quite a bit! I was really surprised to find that this book was written by a man given how well he writes female characters!

This book focuses on three friends, the men in their lives and the journey's they've taken throughout the years of their friendships. The characters were all pretty well developed, the dialogue was strong and the story itself was compelling. Very funny at times - even laugh out loud funny. This is a very readable book with interesting characters and stories!

I will say that it took a bit of time for me to get into the flow of the novel and the core stories, once I did, the story moved effortlessly. I think it was challenging to fully tell each of the main characters apart for about 50 pages but once I did, I was very immersed in their stories & lives. This novel was at times heart-warming and at others heart-wrenching.

I really enjoyed this book and had fun reading it! It's definitely one I'd recommend, particularly if you enjoy fiction about women and friendship!

(This was probably more of a 3 and a half star novel for me but I'm rounding up to 4 since it did make me laugh a number of times!)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment