Monday, October 1, 2012

Review: The Night Season by Chelsea Cain

The Night Season (Gretchen Lowell, #4)The Night Season by Chelsea Cain
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really liked this next book in one of my favorite series right now. I was worried this one wouldn't be great since I didn't think the previous book in the series was as strong as 1 & 2. I'm hoping that #3 was just an anomaly! If this book is any indication, I think that might be correct!

Although Gretchen Lowell is not really more than a quick mention in this book, her influence permeates every page due to her lasting impact on Archie. I love Archie and Susan so this book really gave Chelsea Cain a chance to give the reader some dedicated time with them!

The story was well done and unique. Lots of intrigue and good overall storytelling. And I love how Susan's character developed throughout this novel - she was Susan at her best! Chelsea Cain does a fantastic time creating a Portland that I can see and feel, almost as if I'm there.

I really enjoyed this one and look forward to getting into the fifth book in the series soon!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment