Sunday, October 7, 2012

Review: The Book of Joe by Jonathan Tropper

The Book of JoeThe Book of Joe by Jonathan Tropper
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I just love Jonathan Tropper ... something about his writing and characters just speaks to me. Although this particular novel wasn't quite as good as This Is Where I Leave You, it's a really good novel that was a joy to read. I laughed, I cried and everything in between. Tropper just has a way of making you FEEL as you read - the good, the bad and the ugly. This book definitely reminded me of the TV show October Road (which was one of my favs before it was cancelled way too early).

I wouldn't say the plot is mind blowingly original but I think it was well done and kept my interest throughout. It's really the characters that make this book stand out for me. This entire novel is essentially a study of human relationships and emotional growth.

I really liked this one and definitely recommend it to anyone interested in a novel that has warmth, humor, and interesting characters. It's a fairly quick and easy read ... but one that is definitely worth the time.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment