Friday, October 5, 2012

Review: Memoirs of an Imaginary Friend by Matthew Dicks

Memoirs of an Imaginary FriendMemoirs of an Imaginary Friend by Matthew Dicks

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed this novel - what a cool idea! The world building here is outstanding and really makes this book great! I can't think of another novel that I've ever read that covers this territory in this way - Imaginary Friends!

This is a novel that is deceptively easy to read and seemingly simple. Yet, it's much more complex than it appears as you read. After finishing, I realized just how effectively the author pulled it all together - he took something that could have been very complex and made it feel easy and simple.

As a parent, this book really expressed a number of of things that really resonated with me. I truly enjoyed the experience of reading this book. The pacing was fantastic, the character development was great and I thought the writing was good.

This is a book that I definitely recommend to anyone. Very nice, unique story with a really interesting perspective and voice. I am so glad I took the time to read this one!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment