Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Review: Bad Monkeys by Matt Ruff

Bad MonkeysBad Monkeys by Matt Ruff
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is without a doubt one of the most unusual novels that I've ever read but I shouldn't be surprised ... that is Matt Ruff in a nutshell. He has such a unique voice and gives his readers such amazing experiences in reading! And this novel is no exception!

This is a difficult book to describe but its really a mash up of a lot of different kinds of books - thriller, mystery, and more. It's certainly what I'd describe as a wild, mind bending ride! Twists and turns abound throughout the novel. You're never entirely sure where you are or what is truly happening yet you cannot stop reading because its all so compelling!

I don't think this will be a book for everyone - you have to let go of your preconceived notions and just suspend disbelief which isn't something everyone can or wants to do. It's out there. It's different. It's even odd. But, if you're open to it, I think its a fantastic book that really takes you on a great ride, challenging you to think about things in new and interesting ways!

I've never read anything like this and I think that it was definitely worth the read. Compelling story, great writing and unique plot! Matt Ruff has done it again!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment