Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Review: We Are All Welcome Here by Elizabeth Berg

 

My rating: 4 stars
I really enjoyed this book. It was a very sweet story and I love how the novel came about ... a reader contacted Berg about writing a story based on her mother. And this novel is the result.

I liked the interplay between the family dynamic and the political climate that was central to the story. It made the Civil Right movement come alive while also giving the reader a deeper understanding of the family at the core of the story.

This mother and daughter were amazing to me. Life isn't easy for those of us without major physical and emotional challenges like they were facing and yet their love for one another and their life came flying off the page, giving hope and inspiration to the reader.

This is a sweet, inspiring story that I definitely recommend. It's an easy read and I found it an enjoyable book to 'live in' for a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment