Sunday, February 18, 2018

Don't Go by Alexa Riley

Don’t Go (For You, #3)Don’t Go by Alexa Riley
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I'm struggling with this review a bit because I liked this one but I didn't connect with it nearly as much as some other reviewers. I liked the story overall and the characters but the story arc felt very rushed and there were issues with the pacing for me. I haven't read the earlier novels in this series and I felt like perhaps I was missing something by coming in at book 3. Apparently, the hero in this book is the child of the hero/heroine from an earlier book ... which may explain some of what the disconnect was for me. I'm not sure but that was how I felt as I finished. There was an abruptness to the storyline and how things wrap up. And so I didn't love this one quite as much as I'd hoped ... but, after reading reviews by others, I'm wondering if maybe that was partly about coming in without having read the earlier books. And, so, if you've read the For You series and enjoyed it, this may be the book for you! If not, perhaps give those a shot before picking this one up.


NOTE: Thank you to the publisher for providing me with an ARC of this book for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment