Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Review: Every Little Kiss by Marina Adair

Every Little Kiss (Sequoia Lake, #2)Every Little Kiss by Marina Adair
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is the 2nd in a series but I don’t feel like I missed anything by not reading the first. This can definitely be read as a standalone novel.

I really enjoyed this contemporary romance. It’s the first book I’ve read by Marina Adair but I don’t think it will be the last. She has such a way of balancing the emotional wallop of the story with the quirkiness of the characters and the town. It never felt overdone or underdone. It was all just right. This romance centers around loss and its impact on a number of people.

I LOVE Bullseye (the hero’s canine partner) and what a fun part of the story he is for the characters. I thought the journey of healing for both Liv and her son was so well done. The relationship between Liv and her son’s grandmother also really resonated with me – it felt real and honest. All in all, I really enjoyed this story and how it all came together. The community in this novel (Sequoia Lake) is really sweet and I can’t wait to read more about the characters I’ve met in this novel. Definitely recommended!

NOTE: Thank you to the publisher for providing me with a free ARC of this novel for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment