Thursday, August 3, 2017

Review: Hate to Want You by Alisha Rai

Hate to Want You (Forbidden Hearts, #1)Hate to Want You by Alisha Rai
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

It took me a bit to get into the story here – it felt like it started abruptly or something. But, it quickly came together for me after a slow start. I loved the diversity here – not everyone in the story is white, and the cover actually MATCHES the diversity in the book (which is surprisingly rare these days). This novel felt a bit like a new take on Romeo and Juliet to me which was a nice touch. But, what I loved most about this is how it’s so much more than ‘just a romance’ given the depth of the emotional journey the characters take together. It’s all wrapped together so beautifully with each page offering more and more depth to the characters and their relationships. There are also plenty of the things you want in a romance – great sex, interesting personal dynamics, etc. Yet, it’s the emotional depth of the story that really wow’d me. This is a great romance and I can’t wait to see what’s coming with the future books in the series (this is book 1 in a new series).

No comments:

Post a Comment