Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Review: Where All Light Tends to Go by David Joy

Where All Light Tends to GoWhere All Light Tends to Go by David Joy
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed this dark and atmospheric novel. Although not a new concept (the story itself has been told elsewhere), I did find this a very good novel. Southern fiction focusing around a family impacted by meth and how it's changed them. In many ways, this is a simple coming of age story but it is even better as a cautionary tale. The impact of poverty and crime played out with this cast of characters was fascinating. Like I said, nothing revolutionary - but a solid story with compelling stories. This novel is dark and gritty - there is little to be uplifted by. However, there is a great deal of soul to this story and I found it to be a good read. I recommend it if the dark and gritty appeals to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment