Thursday, December 10, 2015

Review: Bellweather Rhapsody by Kate Racculia

Bellweather RhapsodyBellweather Rhapsody by Kate Racculia
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

What a quirky little book! I really was surprised by how much I enjoyed this one. Although the characters were more one dimensional than I usually like, the story itself (and it's quirkiness) made up for that for me. It did feel a bit like the author pulled in some familiar things to create her world and characters - characters and event like Glee, a huge hotel with history like in the Shining (but without the horror) and a murder mystery right out of Agatha Christie!

I found the playfulness of the novel and the characters to be its greatest asset. I was curious about how things would play out but also interested in the story along the way. The humor and quirkinmess really made it memorable to me.

I don't think this is for everyone but I do think it was charming and interesting. Definitely worth your checking out to see if it's something you might like!

No comments:

Post a Comment