Saturday, July 5, 2014

Written in My Own Heart's Blood by Diana Gabaldon

Written in My Own Heart's Blood (Outlander, #8)Written in My Own Heart's Blood by Diana Gabaldon
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Let me just start out by saying that I'm a HUGE fan of this series and of Diana Gabaldon's writing style. This series isn't for everyone - especially the later books. I acknowledge they are very historically and detail heavy. That is one of the things I love (and sometimes hate) about them but I know that some find that a bit boring. I have yet to find any of them bother me enough to not continue reading. My favorites to date have been book 1, 3, and 7. I really liked this installment ... although it's not one of my all time favorites, it's a great addition to the series and I love where the story goes in this one.

I'm loving the view into the American Revolution and that time in America. I love the characters - Claire and Jamie, of course, but also the others who I love spending time with including Ian, Brianna & Roger, Lord John, etc. That is what really keeps me coming back ... the characters that I love so much. Each new book is like getting to spend a week with the beloved characters that I have come to love so much!

Was this one too long? Probably. But, I honestly didn't care because I'd missed the characters and stories and was happy to be back in their world for awhile.

All in all, I'm a satisfied fan of the series ... my biggest disappointment? Having to wait for #9!

No comments:

Post a Comment