Saturday, July 19, 2014

Review: All Fall Down by Jennifer Weiner

All Fall DownAll Fall Down by Jennifer Weiner
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Let me say upfront that I'm a big fan of Jennifer Weiner - the writer AND the person. I think she's funny, interesting, polarizing and fascinating! So, I was so excited to hear that she had a new book coming out!

And I have to say that I really enjoyed this novel - even more than I'd expected! Weiner's books have been hit or miss for me - either I like them ok or I love them. Never do I not like them but I don't love them all. This one actually did a great job of exploring a serious subject - addiction - while also giving the reader a really compelling and interesting main character.

I love how Weiner is able to be both realistic and compassionate about addiction through Allison's journey with addiction. And by adding in her trademark touch of humor, she makes the reader care for Allison while also feeling such frustration with her decisions while in the crux of her addiction. There were aspects of the story that I wish had been explored more fully than they were but that didn't necessarily make the story go downhill for me. They were just aspects that were ultimately left to my imagination which was fine given that I enjoyed the rest of the novel so much!

I highly recommend this novel if you're interested in reading a well written novel about prescription drug addiction and it's impact on a woman, her family life and her work life. It's a well-written and thought provoking novel that is well worth the read!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment