Thursday, July 24, 2014

Review: One Kick by Chelsea Cain

One Kick (Kick Lannigan, #1)One Kick by Chelsea Cain
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Publication Date:

I was so excited to hear that Chelsea Cain was coming out with a brand new series given how much I love her Archie Sheridan series! And I have to tell you, if this first book is any indication, the new series is going to be just as good (if not better)!

What a wild and wonderful ride this book was for me! I could not put it down! Cain has such a way with words - she makes characters come alive in amazing, wonderful ways! And this new character, Kick, is just fantastic! She's a perfect blend of strong, fearless, hurting, sad and WILD! And I loved every moment of getting to know her!

I enjoyed the story line here - the idea that Kit was abducted and abused as a child and then able to help use those experiences to help others. I found her to be complex and her journey pretty realistic! I didn't find her story to be unbelievable or anything. And her interactions with the other characters in the book are really fantastic. Have I said fantastic enough?? HA!

Cain paced this novel so well - it's fast paced and un-put-downable! Well written, well paced, great characters and wonderful storytelling ... it doesn't get any better!

If you love Cain's Archie series, I have a feeling you'll love this one. If you haven't tried Cain before but enjoy suspenseful novels, I suspect you'll enjoy this one as well! If you felt the Archie series was a bit too violent and gory, this one might be more palatable as the violence and gore is considerably less here than in the Archie series. I cannot wait to see what is to come for Kick Lannigan in future books of the series!

NOTE: I received an electronic copy of this book for free from the publisher via Netgalley for review consideration. My feelings about this book are 100% genuine, regardless of receiving it for review.

1 comment:

  1. Amy, nice review. I really enjoyed her Archie Sheridan series and look forward to reading this one as well.

    Garlan

    ReplyDelete