Thursday, February 14, 2013

Review: Waking the Witch by Kelley Armstrong

Waking the Witch (Women of the Otherworld, #11)Waking the Witch by Kelley Armstrong
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Although this series isn't the greatest of literary fiction, it is definitely entertaining and I love re-visiting these characters! This definitely isn't the best of the series. I was thinking this was a strong 4 star book for most of the book and then BAM the ending send it spiraling to a 3 star.

I really like the character that takes center stage here - Savannah. She's a complex person so I was eager to read this novel and see where it would take her character. This book ends up being all about Savannah and her solving a mystery. I was quite enjoying the story until the end. And the ending (including the villain's unveiling) was extremely bad, in my opinion. This one came together in a way that annoyed me and almost made me feel betrayed. Seriously? That's who did it? That's how this is going to end? Ugh. Just not very effective for me! And it left me very unsatisfied. The mystery itself could have been really good if only the ending hadn't happened the way that it did.

I ultimately felt let down despite the fact that the majority of the book was entertaining and interesting. I just wish the ending had been the same. There a couple of more books in the series so I'll definitely be reading the rest of the series. I just hope the next one is as good as I've come to expect from this series!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment