Monday, February 11, 2013

Review: The Gunslinger by Stephen King

The Gunslinger (The Dark Tower, #1)The Gunslinger by Stephen King
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Although I'm a Stephen King fan, I'd never really considered reading this particular series. It just didn't sound like one that would interest me. I kept hearing the words fantasy and western which definitely were off putting for me. But, after hearing so many good things from friends that I respect, I decided to give it a shot. And, I am so glad that I did! This book wasn't anything that I expected. It's so much more than just a fantasy or a western! Although not a perfect piece of fiction, it is a really good read.

The world that Stephen King creates here is fantastic and intriguing. This book left me with a lot of questions. It really left me wanting to read the next book to get more information and fill in some of the blanks. I'm definitely intrigued to the point of wanting to keep reading. Perhaps this series is up my alley after all ...

*** 3 and a half stars, bumped up to 4 stars ***

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment