Monday, February 4, 2013

Review: The Last Child by John Hart

The Last ChildThe Last Child by John Hart
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I am quite surprised by just how much I loved this one! What a great read! It was one that kept me up late in the night to read just one more page and I ended up finishing it in 24 hours! Yes, I loved it so much, I read it most of the night!

This book has been on my physical TBR shelf for ages but I'd just never gotten to it. But, I decided to focus on getting through a number of book club books this year that I haven't read yet and this was on the top of the list. I'm so glad that I finally got to it! It really is a fantastic read. I was on the edge of my seat for the entire book! It's thrilling, fast paced, and compelling! The blend of mystery and psychological exploration is a perfect combination for me! There were so many layers in this novel which John Hart handled expertly!

The story was woven together so well. I was guessing and second guessing all over the place and the author STILL shocked me in the end. There were a few inconsistencies here and there but I was able to easily overlook them because the story and the characters were fantastic! John Hart's writing is vivid and really brings the story alive for the reader!

I highly recommend this particularly if you enjoy a good mystery! This novel won the 2010 Edgar Award for Best Novel which I think is definitely well deserved! I am eager to read more John Hart in the future!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment