Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Review: Then Came You by Jennifer Weiner

Then Came YouThen Came You by Jennifer Weiner

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I keep waiting for Jennifer Weiner to blow me away again in the same way she did that very first time that I read her work. And, I find myself enjoying the books she has written since Good In Bed but none of them have quite captured me the way that one did.

This was a good book. A solid, enjoyable read that kept my interest throughout. I liked the characters and the story itself was fairly compelling. What's disappointing is that it had the bones for a really good novel but never made it past good. It's fine but not one that I will probably remember for the long haul.

I kept waiting for that moment ... that moment that takes a good book to a great one. But, it just never came. And that disappointed me. I hope that Weiner eventually finds the magic again that I found in her earlier couple of novels. This one might be an interesting discussion for a reading group but I have trouble in recommending it wholeheartedly because its not nearly as compelling as so many other books that are out there.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment