Friday, June 22, 2012

Review: The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

The Fault in Our StarsThe Fault in Our Stars by John Green

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is my first John Green novel and I can't wait to read more of his work. I really enjoyed this novel. I thought the story was great, the characters were fantastic and the dialogue alone was some of the best I've read in awhile. John Green definitely has writing chops! I don't know many teenagers who actually speak like the characters in this book but I like the idea that there could be teenagers like this out there somewhere! The intelligence and wit of these two characters was so fun to read. The story isn't all roses and sunshine which I also liked. It felt more realistic and had moments of both dark and light (very much like real life). I feel weird saying that I enjoyed a book about kids with cancer but I did. I think it was a great read that kept me interested. My only disappointment was the Amsterdam storyline which felt like it was thrown in there and didn't really connect with the rest of the book. That piece is the sole reason that I'm not giving this one 5 stars - it was so close but didn't quite make it there. Definitely a strong 4 and a half stars! Beyond the odd Amsterdam piece, I really enjoyed this one and plan to seek out more John Green content soon! I definitely recommend checking this one out!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment