Monday, July 26, 2010

Review: Heart Sick by Chelsea Cain

Heartsick (Gretchen Lowell, #1) 










Heartsick by Chelsea Cain

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I've read quite a few serial killer type books because I find the psychology fascinating so I was interested in the Gretchen Lowell books since they focused on a female serial killer. I have to tell you, this book was definitely better than the vast majority of serial killer type books that I've read. It was SO good. I was so impressed with this book - it was well written, the storyline was compelling and the characters were outstanding!

I read this one via audiobook and definitely recommend this particular audiobook. It was SO well done and the narrator was excellent! I think that having the book told to me rather than reading it really helped it come alive for me.

The characters are really what made this book special for me. They are the foundation upon which the entire story is built and it is done so effectively that I found myself amazed at how quickly I found myself falling into the book's world. The story was compelling - rather different than most of the 'serial killer' type books out there. And, Gretchen Lowell is without a doubt one of the most memorable, sadistic characters that I've ever come across. Wow. You just won't believe this woman! She gets under your skin and makes it CRAWL!

I really can't recommend this book AND this audiobook more. It really is good. Very interesting and kept my interest throughout. I just downloaded the audiobooks to the next two books in this series and I can't wait to devour those as well!

View all my reviews >>

No comments:

Post a Comment