Sunday, April 25, 2010

Review: When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead


When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead
My rating: 5 stars

This book is an amazing little book that really surprised me! It is simply fantastic! I stayed up until almost 3 a.m. to get this one finished. I found it impossible to go to sleep without finishing it. The character development was wonderful - the little touches throughout the book made it all the more special. I love how Stead weaves the story together. It was so readable and yet multi-layered so I can totally understand why it appeals so well to both young adults AND adults. The book grabs you from the first sentence, and you are carried into this amazing world with Miranda who is an amazing character. Stead did an excellent job of representing life as a sixth grader. I don't know what else to say beyond the book was like magic to me - simply amazing! Put this at the TOP of your TBR!!

No comments:

Post a Comment