Thursday, April 29, 2010

Review: Bird by Bird: Some Instructions on Writing and Life by Anne Lamott


Bird by Bird: Some Instructions on Writing and Life by Anne Lamott
My rating: 4 stars

I've had this secret desire to write since I was a kid. I have always been convinced that I would one day give it a shot but have tended to avoid the actual act of writing throughout my life. Part fear of failure and part complete and utter insecurity. I saw a number of reviews of this book that just raved about it so I've been looking for it in my book buying travels. I came across it 2 weeks ago and immediately started reading it. And, I really enjoyed it! I don't know that I'll ever get it all together enough to actually put pen to paper and write but I think this book is an excellent resource for those wanting to write, those who already write AND those who just love good writing. I haven't read anything of Lamott's but I found that I loved her voice in Bird by Bird - very real, sarcastic and interesting! I think this is an excellent resource for writing and BEYOND. There is a lot in this book that is applicable to a lot of areas of life. This is one I'll be holding onto and keeping in my at home library!

No comments:

Post a Comment