Sunday, December 10, 2017

Review: Reading People: How Seeing the World through the Lens of Personality Changes Everything by Anne Bogel

Reading People: How Seeing the World through the Lens of Personality Changes EverythingReading People: How Seeing the World through the Lens of Personality Changes Everything by Anne Bogel
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I've been dipping in and out of this one for the last few weeks. I think that was a really nice way to work through this book. I jumped around to the various topics that interested me the most. Let me start by saying I'm a huge Anne Bogel fan - I read her blog and listen to her podcast religiously. I like her approach to reading and books. I was really excited to see she was writing a book and I was even more excited once I found out it was about personality. That is one of the things that I really love to hear Anne write/talk about since I'm also fascinated with personality and how it affects our lives.

I've done quite a bit of work around Meyer's Briggs and StrengthsFinders over the years and they are both included in this book. And yet, I still found things from those sections that I didn't know or hadn't thought about. And the other chapters cover other personality frameworks were fascinating ... in fact, I'm now doing more research on the Enneagram and the Highly Sensitive frameworks. This book is a great introduction and basic overview of each framework. If you have an interest in personality and want to learn more, this is a fantastic place to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment