Saturday, January 21, 2017

Review: Wrecking Ball by P. Dangelico

Wrecking Ball (Hard To Love #1)Wrecking Ball by P. Dangelico
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed this novel! What a great read! I'm a sucker for the beauty and the beast story line and this is a really fun take on it. Cam was such an interesting heroine - very sassy with a strong personality and interesting voice. It was wonderful to see such a strong woman heroine in a romance. They aren't as common as I'd like, honestly. And Calvin (the hero) really grew on me over time. He is certainly a challenging character although you grow to understand exactly why as time goes on. The story unfolds a little slowly but I was never bored. In fact, I was fully engaged the whole time. The relationship between Cam and Calvin really grew over time which I think was fantastic ... it wasn't just a love at first sight sort of story line. It took awhile to build their relationship. I loved the addition of the nephew and how he was so integral to the development of their relationship. I loved Cam's bestie and I really hope she gets her own book one day! All in all, this was a really enjoyable romance read!

NOTE: received a digital galley of this book from the publisher for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment