Sunday, January 22, 2017

Review: The Couple Next Door by Shari Lapena

The Couple Next DoorThe Couple Next Door by Shari Lapena
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is definitely a twisty, turny novel. If you like that sort of thing, this is definitely the book for you. It keeps you guessing throughout - giving you one thing, then taking away another, and so on. It's a quick read, one that I finished in a day. That is definitely due to the superb pacing and the twisty turny-ness. Although I enjoyed the read, there were several flaws that stuck out and made it stay at 3 stars. The story started off great but it did deteriorate a bit as we get closer to the end. It didn't have the same punch at the end as one would expect given the earlier success. The character development wasn't as good as it could have been particularly for certain characters such as Marco. The story ultimately ended up being a bit forgettable. I read it weeks ago but I barely remember anything about it. In fact, I had to go read a synopsis to remind myself. I just think there are better novels in this genre who offer a total solution to the twisty, turny thing! But, if you're a fan of this sort of thing, this one is worth checking out!

No comments:

Post a Comment