Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Review: Slade House by David Mitchell

Slade HouseSlade House by David Mitchell
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Oh David Mitchell! I'm so glad I discovered you ... This man's mind is like no one else's and I mean that in the best way. I'm fascinated by his stories and his mind blowing creativity! Really enjoyed this book! It's such a quick but impactful read! Just because it's short doesn't mean it isn't insanely good! I just love how David Mitchell thinks about the world. His characters are so real and quirky and wonderful. OK, I'll stop gushing!

This is a really creepy and interesting story about a haunted house but that's an oversimplification. It's so much more than a haunted house. The great thing is that it isn't scary in any way ... it's just creepy and gets under your skin in a great way!

This novel is so readable, so compelling, and so creepy! I highly recommend it. It would make a great introduction to David Mitchell although I'd recommend reading The Bone Clocks first which takes place in the same world as this book. It will give you some context you'd miss if you went with this one first. But, again, it's definitely a stand alone novel and easily read without any prior knowledge of David Mitchell!

This one comes out on October 27th so I highly recommend that you pick this one up and read it ... it's a great Halloween read!

NOTE: Received e-galley from the publisher for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment