Monday, September 28, 2015

Review: Gemini by Carol Cassella

GeminiGemini by Carol Cassella
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Although I liked this book, it didn't quite live up to my expectations. The story was interesting but it didn't blow me away. I saw the ending coming which was a little disappointing. I enjoyed the weaving in and out of two narratives that ultimately come together. The writing was good - at times great - but there were times that the plot felt as if it was bogged down for me. Too slow or it needed to be edited a bit more. I'm not sure what it was but it wasn't what I'd describe as a quick read. Although the characters were all fine, I did feel like everything came together a little too easily, to the point that it felt unrealistic to me. I had to suspend belief a few times during this one. Which isn't a problem but given the nature of the story, I was expecting a bit more realism.

All in all, a solid book. I recommend it especially if you have an interest in medical related stories or stories that tell a complex and overlapping narrative. I was so hopeful that I'd love this one so I was disappointed but that doesn't mean it's not a solid read!

No comments:

Post a Comment