Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Review: Being Mortal: Medicine and What Matters in the End by Atul Gawande

Being Mortal: Medicine and What Matters in the EndBeing Mortal: Medicine and What Matters in the End by Atul Gawande
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Wow! This is one of those books that I think everyone should read. It is such a thoughtful exploration of death and end of life. I keep thinking back to this book and the things it made me think about. It helped me see that I need to have a different kind of conversation with my family about end of life than I probably would have before reading this book. And I think back to the end of life experiences of my grandparents and wish I'd had this book to lean on as I watched them face death. This book is about what it is to be human today and how medicine can help and hurt those facing death. I just can't get over how readable and interesting this book was ... I highly recommend it. It's a must read, in my opinion!

No comments:

Post a Comment