Saturday, October 4, 2014

Review: What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty

What Alice ForgotWhat Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Although I definitely think that the story itself was interesting and unique, I didn't feel like the execution came together that well. It was a good but not a great one. I felt it had great potential but just slightly missed the mark. What I did enjoy about this one was the exploration of memory and how life changes you over time. There was quite a bit of food for thought in the overall premise of the novel. I just wish the pacing of the novel had been tweaked a bit. I felt the flow of the story often felt disjointed to the point that I was at times even bored while reading. Which is a shame given that the overall story had such promise. I liked the characters overall and the story - it was just not a well executed novel in my opinion. I will say that many of my bookish friends really enjoyed this one so perhaps you will as well. If the premise sounds interesting, I definitely think it's worth giving a try. In the end, I was a bit disenchanted with this one. It didn't read as smoothly as the other Liane Moriarty novel that I've read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment