Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Review: The House at Riverton by Kate Morton

The House at RivertonThe House at Riverton by Kate Morton
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I'm not sure what happened but I just didn't love this one as much as I'd hoped or expected. It was one of those novels that you know, as you finish it, that just won't stick with you. I thought the story was good and I liked the characters. However, there was something about it that just didn't do it for me. I think there are two things that made it less than great for me. For one thing, the book felt under-edited to me - there were entire sections that I felt could have been removed and never affected the overall story. It was a longer book than it needed to be. Secondly, I figured out the big plot twist pretty early on so the big twist fell a bit flat for me since it was old news to me by the time I got there.

This is a good book but nothing special or outstanding. If you're a Kate Morton fan, I think you'll like this one but it definitely isn't as good as The Forgotten Garden which is the only other novel of hers that I've read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment