Monday, October 6, 2014

Review: Bird Box by Josh Malerman

Bird BoxBird Box by Josh Malerman
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

What a fascinating novel with a really unique premise! It seems to me that this novel is a mash up of 3 genres - post-apocalyptic, horror, and psychological thriller! (But not horror in the sense of gore or anything like that - good classic, get under your skin horror.) It is a really successful take on all of those genres and I highly recommend it to those who are interested in reading something that is pretty unlike almost anything I've read before!

One of the best parts of this novel is how it explores the fact that the unseen is much more terrifying than the seen in most cases! The author created a circumstance that I found frightening in many ways and his exploration of those circumstances was spot on fantastic! Definitely a creepy read that gets under your skin! The pacing, tension, writing, characters, etc ... all of it was GREAT! I didn't have very high expectations going in so it was such a nice surprise to enjoy it so much! Very gripping novel that I highly recommend ... it's very creepy, interesting and well rounded!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment