Saturday, August 9, 2014

Review: The Farm by Tom Rob Smith

The FarmThe Farm by Tom Rob Smith
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is a really fast-paced and intriguing novel that grabbed me from the start and kept me wanting more for the entire read! The pacing kept the story moving quickly and the short chapters helped that sense of being propelled forward. The story itself was very well constructed and keeps the reader guessing almost to the end!

The structure of the book leads the reader to experience confusion, skepticism and tension throughout the novel. Giving the reader a sense of urgency and questioning at every turn of the page. I understand that the story came out of the author's own experiences with his mother which may be why it all feels so real and fresh.

Very intriguing novel that I definitely recommend. I already knew Tom Rob Smith was a good writer but this book definitely reminded me of his talent and made me ask myself why I never finished reading his Leo Demidov series but I plan to rectify that soon! Again, I definitely recommend this one ... it's a really intriguing and interesting novel!

No comments:

Post a Comment