Friday, August 15, 2014

Review: Brick by Brick: How LEGO Rewrote the Rules of Innovation and Conquered the Global Toy Industry by David Robertson

Brick by Brick: How LEGO Rewrote the Rules of Innovation and Conquered the Global Toy IndustryBrick by Brick: How LEGO Rewrote the Rules of Innovation and Conquered the Global Toy Industry by David Robertson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was drawn to this book about LEGO for two reasons - 1. my son is obsessed with LEGOs and I was interested in learning more about the company behind his beloved toy and 2. it sounded like a fascinating case study of a company that is known for innovation. I'm not usually a huge fan of non-fiction or business books unless they offer more than the usual stuff and this one really did deliver some unique and interesting things!

From a business perspective, I found the pieces on the history of the company and how it became the company we know and love to be fascinating. I knew nothing about LEGO beyond the very basics. If you're a LEGO fan, you may find this insiders view of the history of the company fascinating. I also found it interesting in terms of my own job - there was much to learn about innovation, changing culture and how to avoid making decisions that can take your focus in the wrong direction.

The other thing I loved about this book was the fascinating facts and interesting tidbits that I learned and was able to share with my son who is an avid LEGO fan. He loved that I was reading a LEGO book! And I loved getting a bit more information about something that he loves so much.

If you have an interest in LEGO or you want to read a case study about how LEGO got off course and made it's way back, I highly recommend this one. It's an interesting read that I feel I got a lot out of reading!

NOTE: I received this book for review, from the publisher, for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment