Sunday, March 17, 2013

Review: The Improper Life of Bezellia Grove by Susan Gregg Gilmore

The Improper Life of Bezellia GroveThe Improper Life of Bezellia Grove by Susan Gregg Gilmore
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Although I liked this one much more than her first novel, it still didn't wow me as much as I'd hoped & expected. But, it was a really nice, quick read. I loved the characters in this novel. That is one of the biggest strengths of this novel - the characters. They were well written and came alive on the page for me. Even the characters that I didn't love so much were fantastic!

I think the story was nice but nothing incredibly memorable or unique. I think that is part of why this was a bit of a disappointment for me. I was hoping that this novel would offer something new and something interesting to the realm of southern literature! And so, in the end, I was slightly disappointed because although it was a fine novel it wasn't quite what I'd hoped. If you love southern fiction, then you might want to check it out but know ahead of time that it doesn't offer anything new and different to what is already out there!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment