Monday, February 14, 2011

Review: Shaking the Family Tree by Buzzy Jackson

Shaking the Family Tree: Blue Bloods, Black Sheep, and Other Obsessions of an Accidental GenealogistShaking the Family Tree: Blue Bloods, Black Sheep, and Other Obsessions of an Accidental Genealogist by Buzzy Jackson

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

As a family history buff, this book just jumped off the shelf at me as I was browsing the library. I figured that, if nothing else, I may be able to find some new genealogical resources in the reading of the book.

I found Buzzy Jackson's search for her family roots to be interesting on the whole. I did learn a few new resources as a result of reading this book and I'm hoping that information will help me in my own search. Overall, the book was a patchy read for me ... parts were fascinating and others were, umm, NOT. I sped through parts, eager to read and found myself forcing myself to keep reading in other parts. The book wasn't consistently good for me.

If you're a family history/genealogy buff, this might be an interesting read for you. If not, then you'll probably want to look elsewhere!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment