Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Review: Lincoln: A Photobiography by Russell Freedman

Lincoln: A Photobiography (Houghton Mifflin social studies)Lincoln: A Photobiography by Russell Freedman

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed this book. This is a Newberry Award winning book about Abraham Lincoln. This book is written for 5th - 8th graders and its fantastic - the writing and tone are spot on for that age. Very appropriate for that age but it does not make the material 'simple' for the reader. I was fascinated with the book and didn't want to put it down. I thought I actually knew quite a bit about Abraham Lincoln but still learned quite a bit from this book. I think its a wonderful read ... fascinating and informative! I recommend this for anyone and everyone over the age of 10!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment