Sunday, November 12, 2017

Review: Fierce Kingdom by Gin Phillips

Fierce KingdomFierce Kingdom by Gin Phillips
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The premise of this one is fantastic and the book itself definitely delivers! This is a fast paced novel that just builds and builds and builds. There were times that I found myself tensing up as I read. It kept me on the edge of my seat. A shooting in a zoo and a mom hiding with her child is the basic story but it becomes so much more. I found the cascading emotion of Joan as she tries to protect them to be superbly done. The fear, the worry, the anger and the frustration just pours off the page. The dynamic of an average woman trying to protect herself and her child really resonated with me. I found the setting to be really interesting – to set the events in a zoo is really interesting and gave the author quite a bit of interesting material to work with. I’m not sure that I’ll ever see a zoo in quite the same way again. I really liked this one and I’m glad that I picked it up. Definitely recommend this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment