Friday, September 8, 2017

Review: You Can't Touch My Hair: And Other Things I Still Have to Explain by Phoebe Robinson

You Can't Touch My Hair: And Other Things I Still Have to ExplainYou Can't Touch My Hair: And Other Things I Still Have to Explain by Phoebe Robinson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Overall, I really liked this book. I think these essays are very timely and relevant, particularly in the US today, and tell us important things about race and identity. Robinson’s voice is smart, witty, thoughtful and straightforward. These essays helped me see how race impacts marginalized people in a very personal way. We can read about race all day but never really understand the day to day impact of race on people. These essays really did give me so much to think about. She is FUNNY. She is SMART. She is FANTASTIC! I highly recommend this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment