Sunday, September 10, 2017

Review: Hex by Thomas Olde Heuvelt

HexHex by Thomas Olde Heuvelt
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I heard someone on a Bookriot podcast talk about this book and I knew that I had to read it. This book is CREEPY and ODD in every way. A witch from the 17th century haunts a town – no one is allowed to leave the town. She wanders around with her eyes and mouth sewn shut. She shows up in your house out of nowhere, just standing there. The town itself centers life around this witch and making life in the town bearable and protecting outsiders from the curse. There was some graphic violence here and LOTS of creepiness. If you don’t like the weird and scary, skip this one. If you do, you should read this one. I was fascinated by the concept and how the author kept the tension moving the plot along. Very chilling. Very scary. Not for everyone but really interesting reading for those who like horror and scary books!

No comments:

Post a Comment