Thursday, April 16, 2015

Review: Trisha's Table

Trisha's Table: My Feel-Good Favorites for a Balanced LifeTrisha's Table: My Feel-Good Favorites for a Balanced Life by Trisha Yearwood
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is my first Trisha Yearwood cookbook. I really enjoy her show on the Food Network so I was eager to check this out. Overall, this is a good cookbook, not great but quite good.

The book itself is constructed very well - the photos are fantastic as is the design. I do wish every recipe had a photo but most of them do in this cookbook. The quality is high on the production of this cookbook. It looks and feels great.

Although there were quite a few recipes that I liked, there were more that didn't appeal to me. I was hoping for something that I didn't find ... I liked that they are fairly simple and easy recipes. But, nothing really jumped out at me as I looked through it. I found it to be more basic in its approach so perhaps it's better for those who aren't as experienced in cooking.

But, I do think it's worth checking out if you're a Trisha fan and enjoy her style of food (from her show). It's not a bad cookbook but it just wasn't what I was hoping for.

No comments:

Post a Comment