Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Review: You by Caroline Kepnes

You (You #1)You by Caroline Kepnes
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Although it took awhile for me to adjust to the second person narrative, I ultimately think it was perfect for this particular novel. This is a disturbing, twisted novel about obsession, stalking, and psychopathology. It's definitely not for everyone. If you are disturbed by graphic violence, sexuality and language, I'd avoid this novel completely.

If you are OK with the graphic content, I think this is a really well-told, compelling novel that lets the reader get into the head of a stalker/psychopath. The story is multi-faceted with a lot of twists and turns ... all of them dark. This is a quick book that I read in just a couple of days. Very compelling and interesting read. Very creepy and thought provoking. There is a lot of interesting stuff about technology that intertwines with the plot and that gave me a whole new perspective on how social media opens us up in so many new ways.

All in all, I recommend this one if you can handle the graphic nature of the novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment