Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Review: The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins

The Girl on the TrainThe Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is a really good thriller - fast paced, interesting characters, solid story. It certainly didn't blow me away but I really liked it. I hate that it keeps getting compared to Gone Girl because I think that is an unfair comparison. This is a solid book on it's own and I think the Gone Girl comparison comes with expectations that are unnecessary.

I definitely think this one is worth reading but I suggest you don't read a lot about it before you start. This is one that is better enjoyed with no information. And so I am keeping this review vague and non-specific.

I enjoyed how the story was told in alternating voices and I think the pacing was spot on. I will say that I felt the ending came together a bit too precisely for my taste but I still enjoyed the book overall. I love an unreliable narrator and this is a really good one! I recommend you give it a shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment