Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Review: Night Road by Kristin Hannah

Night RoadNight Road by Kristin Hannah
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

BEWARE - this book will tear your heart out and make you CRY. A lot. A whole lot. Well, it's a Kristin Hannah novel and I've found that most of hers have that affect on me. They pull my heartstrings and I end up curled up, sobbing by the end. She just has a way of doing that to me.

This particular one REALLY struck a chord with me due to the fact that the story centers around boy/girl fraternal twins and I have boy/girl fraternal twins. It was hard to separate the events of the book and my own experience as a parent. I could relate to quite a bit of this novel.

I don't even remember how many times this book brought me to tears but it was at least 3-5 separate times. Wow. Talk about emotionally compelling!

I definitely recommend this one if you're ok with being brought to your knees emotionally and spending 1/4 of the book with tears in your eyes. It really is a great read! Definitely worth every tear!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment