Friday, December 30, 2011

Review: Soulless by Gail Carriger

Soulless (Parasol Protectorate, #1)Soulless by Gail Carriger

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

What a pleasant surprise this novel was for me! I had absolutely no expectations going in and was so happy to find that it was a delightful, smart and clever series that I cannot wait to dig into further!

The characters just stunned me. They are fantastic - interesting and multifaceted. I loved seeing Alexia and Connall's relationship grow throughout the novel. And all of the more 'background' characters just jumped off of the page for me!

Adventure, romance, fantasy and some science fiction - all rolled into one novel! Just fantastic! I had a ball reading this one! I didn't want to put it down! I loved Gail Carringer's witty writing style. I found it charming and refreshing.

This was a really nice break from some of the more literary novels that I seem to have been reading lately. I really enjoyed this one and definitely recommend it. I can't wait to read the second in the series!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment